Friday, June 11, 2010

Stay Bessie

Asleep in my bed I look like a car crash.
Teal weatherboard house has an angry cat.
Feeling exhausted.
It's nice to hold a collapse.
Doors always unlocked and high ceilings hold. Us safe
smoking and drinking on the balcony.
I'm sad and missing the one who would write to me.
So I'm sitting with Bessie, good morning company.

Stay in stay Bess. Stay In bed half the day.
Stay in stay Bess. Keep me, I feel like a wonderful stray.

It's hard to be a sleep-in
when your rooms joined to the kitchen.
But it's nice being able to say good morning to a friend
while he's making his breakfast.
Something is coming, think I'll have to kill my darlings.
It's nice to hold a collapse. So I'm sitting with Bessie, Bessie, Bess.

Stay in stay Bess. Stay In bed half the day.
Stay in stay Bess. Keep me, I feel like a wonderful stray.

... All this and I should probably move on soon... All this and I have too much to do... All this and I'm forgetting my life, in limbo. A teal weather-board house.

1 comment:

  1. I keep changing this post. I think it's in it's final edit. sk

    ReplyDelete