Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pleather

"I simply gave up the whole idea of making pictures as figurative metaphors for extensions in time and space, " he (Allan Kaprow) said of his shift from being an "action painter" to an "action artist."

I had a pretty obvious realisation just then. Ok. So I enjoy art which comes under the category raw and punky.. You know, stuff with the guts to be a stick in the mud. I think the biggest draw card for this kind of art is that it reflects the actions and interests of real people.
Now. Imagine somebody getting a tattoo of a rose, donning some steal-caps, shaving their hair into a mohawk and wearing a pleather jacket overnight -  because they thought the look was cool. And on that note I'll draw a threw line to Sydney Fringe - Which our show Retinal Damage is happily a party. Can't wait. We're gonna rip it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment